Some Favorite Things
learners and learning
teachers and teaching
Tech Tips for Teachers
1. Don't feel the need to be an expert to use technology with kids: dive in!
2. Use the HELP menu and encourage your students to as well.
3. Learn about/with new technology as often as possible.
4. Put technology tools in the hands of your students; be open to what kids teach you.
5. Teach with their future in mind (and not your past).
6. Technology usually works, but have a plan B just in case.
7. Use teacher tools (gradebook, rubric maker, etc.) so you can focus on higher-level tasks.
8. Use technology when it's the best choice to produce desired outcomes; don't use technology for technology's sake.
9. Read blogs that inspire you.
10. Listen to the digital natives and learn from them.
11. Teaching Internet Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Click on my avatar to see
my classroom webpage!